GENOMatch – Award-winning technological innovation
- Platform-independent application on the client site
- Browser access to the SIM Center of various institutions via an http-connection
- Access is provided with user ID and password
- If required, smartcards with SSL-client certificates can constantly verify authenticity. The necessary PKI – requiring a secure identification of users with PostIdent – is provided by a certified Trust Center compliant with signature legislation.
- genomatch supplies web services to contracted laboratories so that local storage systems can be integrated securely.
- Email communication channels are fully encrypted with S/MIME. This includes communication between users as well as data orders and mailorders by external service providers (e.g. barcode printing companies).
- To sum up, any and all communication regardless of shape or form is protected using encryptography and is encoded and signed at all times.
Open Source Software employed for a critical application SIM Center:
- Operating system: SuSE Linux
- Web server: Apache with mod_ssl/OpenSSL
- Application server: Tomcat
- Web services: Apache Axis
- Web interface: Apache Struts
- Encryption: BouncyCastle Security Provider
- Operating system: Slackware Linux
- Browser: Mozilla Firebird
Open Source Best Practice Award
Serrala Software won the Open Source Best Practice Award for the development of GENOMatch.
Any further questions? Please use the contact form and we will get in touch.